On Wednesday the 18th May it is International Museum Day. Since its inception back in 1977, this day has provided an opportunity to raise awareness on how important museums are in the development of society. This year’s theme will be Museums and Cultural Landscapes. Participation in International Museum Day is growing among museums all over the world. In 2015, more than 35,000 museums participated in the event in some 145 countries.There are a number of SUNCAT Contributing Libraries which are museum libraries: the British Museum; National Coal Mining Museum; National Museums Scotland (see the wonderful museum building above!); National Museum of Wales; and the Natural History Museum. Here are some wonderful museum-themed titles found in these and other SUNCAT Contributing Libraries.
- Ladies museum.
- The torch; or Glasgow museum.
- Leather Archives & Museum News.
- Fossum : the magazine of Friends of the Sedgwick Museum.
- The Bruce Museum : a museum of the arts and sciences.
- Ka ‘Elele : news of the Bernice Pauahi Bishop Museum.
- Under the dome : the British Museum staff magazine.
- Farmer’s Weekly Museum.
- Memoirs of the Raffles Museum.
- Trolley fare / Pennsylvania Railway Museum Association.
- Water Words : news from the Waterworks Museum, Hereford.
- Oh! Cet écho! : museum kunst palast magazin.
- Mermaid / Friends of Merseyside Maritime Museum.
- Heirloom seed reference guide / from the Landis Valley Museum.
- MoNA now : news from the Museum of Northwest Art.
- Now & then : Thunder Bay Historical Museum Society newsletter.
- The Potato Museum’s peelings.
- The Flixton flier : newsletter of the Norfolk & Suffolk Aviation Museum.
- Palmnut Post : Magazine of Durban Natural Science Museum.
- Fukui Prefectural Dinosaur Museum Memoir.
- AMuse news : Durban museums newsletter.
- Meeting Place : Royal Ontario Museum.
- Bloomers / British Museum.
- British Museum Attendants’ Mutual Life Assurance Society, afterwards British Museum Life Assurance Society [Annual Reports.]
- Museum documentation system : costume card instructions / Museum Documentation Association.
If you are a museum library and would like to participate in SUNCAT or if you would like to suggest a museum library as a possible Contributing Library do let us know by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
May 17, 2016 Weird titles Add comments