Tomorrow (Saturday 9th February) is National Libraries Day. To celebrate libraries and all the fantastic material they hold here are some weird and wonderful serials found in SUNCATwith a library and librarian theme.
- The Nugget weekly … : combining The Prairie, Detective, and Robin Hood libraries.
- Polar libraries bulletin
- Reading light : Oxford University libraries readers’ newsletter.
- Scalable Parallel Libraries Conference
- Taking stock : libraries and the book trade : journal of the National Acquisitions Group.
- What Croydon reads.
- Wilpower : Women in Libraries newsletter.
- Books, bytes and buildings : strategic plan for the library service.
- Cowboy adventure library.
- At your service : for deans and directors of research libraries.
- Australian play matters : journal of the Australian Toy Libraries Association.
- Behind the shelves : Hereford and Worcester County Libraries staff magazine.
- High roller. (Nevada Library Association.)
- The Librarian : being an account of scarce valuable, and useful English books, manuscript libraries, public records, &c. &c / By James Savage.
- Show-me libraries.
- Stress : an information bulletin on libraries and local government reorganisation in Yorkshire / produced by the Yorkshire Branch of the Library Association.
- WULOP : Westminster union list of periodicals.
- Between librarians : journal of the Maryland Library Association.
- Cassette scrutiny : a journal for librarians & library users.
- From the State librarian’s desk.
- Fundraising for the small public library : a how-to-do-it manual for librarians / James Swan.
- Game for a LAFF : the fanzine for Librarians As Football Fans.
- Harrod’s librarians’ glossary of terms used in librarianship, documentation and the book crafts, and reference book.
- How to do it manual for librarians.
- Librarians at liberty
- Librarians for the Alliance : for librarians interested in Liberal and SDP policies.
- Matter of fax : a directory of fax numbers and email addresses for librarians, archivists and information scientists.
- Ogle : Newsletter Committee of the Ontario Government Librarians Council.
- Grassroots for high risque librarians.
SUNCAT now contains the serials records of 89 libraries, from academic and research libraries through to special libraries and National Libraries, and the number is growing.Take a look at our Contributing Libraries map to see where they are located and what their contact details are.
Follow what libraries are doing for National Libraries Day on Twitter by following @NatLibrariesDay and checking out the hashtags #LoveLibraries and #NLD13.
February 8, 2013 Weird titles Add comments